[Mailman-Users] Putting user's address in the trailer

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Jun 6 21:23:14 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, June 6, 2001, at 11:39 AM, Harald Nikolaus wrote:

> Is there a way or a quick patch to put the address with which a user is
> subscribed to a list in the trailer that is added to each message?

it's a common question. The answer is, not as things stand now. I think
some folks have hacked some stuff in, but it's not really the way
mailman is designed.

(barry, this is probably another FAQ item...)

> Many list members use different accounts and aliases, so they often
> don't
> know under which one they are subscribed to a list.

that's the purpose of the monthly password reminder message.

> It shouldn't be too
> hard to insert that address in the trailer of each message, should it?

actually, yes. you have to significantly redo the delivery mechanism...

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh
nervously and change the subject.