[Mailman-Users] Re: MIME messages

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Wed Jun 6 11:10:45 CEST 2001

 * On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:39:22 -0400, Richard Chonak wrote:

 >The user probably has an e-mail program whose default setting is to
 >generate "multipart/alternative" mail with the message in both plain
 >text and HTML format.   Since this is evil anyway, I'd just urge him to
 >turn it off and send plain text only (non-MIME).

 >If the user actually likes to send that sort of mail to his or her
 >fellow teenagers, he may be able to select plain-text format on a
 >per-message basis, as, e.g., in Netscape Messenger.

I hear you and I agree, in a perfect world. But we don't live in a per-
fect world. We live in a world where HTML editing is the default for
many stupid e-mail clients, we live in a world where most users will
never see anything but Outlook Express and think they have the hottest
e-mail client on the planet.

So, my question sort of remains the same I suppose.. is there a way to
get Mailman to handle this properly?

:: Who dares wins ::