[Mailman-Users] set gid didn't work?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jun 5 18:33:49 CEST 2001

I'm coming in in the middle of this thread, but if mail-wrapper is
complaining with the following message:

> Jun 4 16:49:58 tux Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec
> script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 401.  (Reconfigure to take 401?)

then it doesn't matter that there is no group name with gid 401.  That
actually isn't required either of Mailman or Unix, so just re-run
configure with

    --with-mail-gid=401

and it should work.  Now, as to /why/ qmail is executing the wrapper
with a gid that has no group name assigned, I couldn't tell you.

Hope that helps,
-Barry