[Mailman-Users] Adjusting From: Field

Jason Maderios Jason.Maderios at togethersoft.com
Tue Jun 5 15:15:59 CEST 2001

Again--

Anyone know how to adjust the from field for the mailing list.  I need
to change it from saying maillist at host.domain.com. To
whatever at domain.com

TIA,

Jason Maderios

On Monday, June 4, 2001, at 07:04 PM, Jason Maderios wrote:

> Anyone know where I can adjust the From: field on a mailing list.
Right
> now it says maillist at host.domain.com and I need to point it to another
> mail machine outside our DMZ that will then send it where it needs to
> go.

Why do it that way? Instead, use an MX record to send it ot that
machine, and have that machine forward it in.

Normally this would work.  But for buisness practaces I want/need to
change that field to anything I wan't it to be.

if the list server is inside the firewall, how is the web interface
getting out? another proxy?

Web interface can only be accessed by VPN and LAN.

You know, I Remember When I Used To Speak In Capitals, Too. It's
addictive.
It also encourages people to poke sticks at you. Justifiably. (chuq,
1992)