[Mailman-Users] email interface problem

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jun 5 07:29:23 CEST 2001

    GC> How do I turn up the logging verbosity?
    GC> I suppose I missed something in the INSTALL or FAQ,
    GC> but danged if I can figure out what!
    GC> Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

You can't easily (this is something that's been long desired, but
tends to get pushed down too far), but if you aren't scared off by
hacking Python, I'll tell you how I tend to debug things.

Essentially, you're going to do "printf" debugging.  I.e. stick in
some "printf"'s and figure out where things are going wrong.

The way to spell "printf" for Mailman is

# at the top of the file, if it's not already there
from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog

# where you want to stick the "printf"
syslog('debug', 'we got to here')

You'll probably want to start with MailCommandHandler.py.

In a separate window, run "tail -f $prefix/log/debug" and then send
your email command.

-Barry