[Mailman-Users] make install error

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jun 5 07:16:00 CEST 2001

>>>>> "v" == venkateswaran  <gv_indian at yahoo.com> writes:

    v> Still I am in trouble. I have not commented out the line shared
    v> in Setup. It compiled as a static and could see shamodule.o in
    v> Modules directory. I did not get any errors while
    v> installing. run make test, lists the modules with "test_sha"
    v> without any comments. Still I am getting the same error sha
    v> module import error. I too tried to install python2.1 also and
    v> failed to figure it out.

    v> I do not know what should be the next step.

When you built the Python that passes test_sha, did you do a "make
install"?

The only other thing I can think is that you've got a different (and
broken) python executable on your path earlier than the one you think
you're getting (i.e. the one that has a working sha module).  Try
using --with-python option to configure to point it exactly at the
python executable that seems to work for you.

-Barry