[Mailman-Users] configuration problems

M.A. Powe michael at trollope.org
Sat Jun 2 06:28:14 CEST 2001

    Satya> On Jun 1, 2001 at 13:38, Michael Powe wrote:

    >> I add all get the notification of subscription.  But, when one
    >> of the users posts to the list, I'm the only one who gets a
    >> copy of the mail.

    >> I think this may be because of the way my incoming mail is
    >> handled.  I have a DSL connection w/domain and the mail goes to
    >> my ISP, from where I download it via fetchmail.  Fetchmail
    >> hands it to sendmail on port 25 but it seems that the aliases
    >> are not invoked and it just goes into my inbox instead of
    >> getting recycled.  I've set up two test lists and

    >> the aliases to the /etc/aliases file.  No procmail recipes are
    >> being run on the incoming mail at this point.

    Satya> You need procmail. fetchmail and sendmail are looking at
    Satya> the envelope address, which is your mailbox.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure I see how to work this, though.  I know how to use
ENVELOPE_TO to forward mail; should I use it to pipe mail back to
sendmail?  Hmm.

mp

--
  Michael Powe                                 Portland, Oregon USA
'Unless we approve your idea, it will not be permitted, it will not be