[Mailman-Users] Re: mailman on RH7.1 still having problems

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Jun 1 21:13:17 CEST 2001

    PS> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 09:11:06PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
    >> Depending on your MTA and its configuration, yes, this is true.
    >> Some MTAs, such as Exim and Postfix, can be configured to not
    >> need a list alias file at all.

    PS> Really?  Interesting.  I've just switched from sendmail to
    PS> postfix, and I haven't learned any trick yet by which this can
    PS> be accomplished.  What's the secret?

There was an old way using luser_relay, recipient_delimiter, and a
Mailman script called `auto'.  I suggest searching the archives for
this (yes, you can search the archives if you go to search.python.org,
and select "Python Mailing List Archives" and nothing else).

The new religion for MM2.1 will involve adding an alias_maps entry
pointing to $prefix/data/aliases which Mailman will manage
automatically for you.  Discussion of this is in the
mailman-developers archive.

-Barry