[Mailman-Users] Know of a good anti-virus filter?

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Fri Jun 1 16:44:36 CEST 2001

> I'm wondering if you could reccomend a good anti-virus filter/scanner
> thing that I can use to scan the mail going through my lists, ideally
> one that would alert me and/or the list admin before sending out mail
> that was potentially infected.

Stripping all attachments is certainly a good start.  Then it
has recently been pointed out on Bugtraq that it is possible
to infect users of web-mail systems such as hotmail or yahoo
by means of malicious URLs (see below).  Because I haven't
gotten around to learning how to do it in Python, I filter in
a little Perl script on the regular expression

/https?:\S*(%3a|\:)(%2f|\/)(%2f|\/)/i

(I'd certainly appreciate a patch for Mailman that makes it hold
messages which contain such suspicious URLs).

Greetings, Norbert.