[Mailman-Users] Bad Karma, or stupid fingers

Michael Cobb mcobb at cobbcomm.com
Fri Jun 1 00:24:22 CEST 2001

Folks,

I just upgraded to Redhat 7.1. I also upgraded mailman from the .05 Beta to
the
2.0.1-2 RPM.

I made the change to httpd.conf for Scriptalias.
I edited mm_cfg.py acordingly.

Since this is an RPM all the userid's (mailman etc) is added.
I ran /bin/check_perms -f and got:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "./check_perms", line 50, in ?
MAILMAN_GRPNAME = grp.getgrgid(MAILMAN_GID)[0]
TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation.

So, the directory and file permissions are NOT correct re:set for mailman.

I ran check_perms as root. Why does it puke?

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Regards
Mike