[Mailman-Users] Tall Order - Photos

Brett Delmage brett at cfsc.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Jul 30 20:43:25 CEST 2001

> I'm getting my mailman running nicely now - thanks to all of your help.

I'd like to say that mailman also works well for several cycling advocacy
and education (EC) lists in the Ottawa, Ontario area.

> They want to do some "cool" stuff like allow html messages, and even
> handle attached photos.  Despite my discouragement, they persist :'(.
> I guess rules we meant to be broken, huh?

> I know this is an issue that normally is off the radar because we
> don't want anything but pure text messages, but in this instance it
> does truly seem useful.

I am curious about this too, as I would like to set up a specific list
that allows MIME and html, specifically so that photographic information
and drawings could be easily conveyed. Anyone subscribing to this list
would have the expectation that they would receive these types of
messages. It would be desirable to be able to view messages and
attachements in the web mail archive.

I am a big fan of plain text messages, but I do think that there is an
important need for something like a mail list and archiver that handles
messages with attachments well.

Mailman/pipermail doesn't quite do this... Is there a mail list manager
out there that handles this well? (Sorry if this question is somewhat off
topic).  Would it be useful to feed mailman messages to a private
newsgroup server as the archiver and another access method?

	Brett