[Mailman-Users] Fwd: subscribing with settings maintained

Bradford Shaw listmgr at perilpoint.com
Wed Jul 25 01:30:15 CEST 2001

Update: Problem Solved !!!

The problem turned out to be two-fold. First, our servers require the use
of virtual on the command line and as it turned out the text file goes in
the usr/local/mailman directory. After that, it was a piece of cake :)

  % virtual bin/add_members -d members.txt -c n -w y listname

Although just to cover all the bases, I did find out that the command

  % virtual bin/add_members -d digestmembers.txt -c y -w n listname

did not work. It must be due to the yes factor on the bigchangemessage [-c]
command with the welcomemessage [-w]. When I did the command again without
the [-w n] part, it worked fine.

Anyway, I am very happy to have this problem solved. :) Thanks for all the
help.

Best wishes,
Bradford "Biff" Shaw
List Administrator