[Mailman-Users] Requested Feature - quotation limitation

Irwan Hadi irwanhadi at phxby.com
Sun Jul 22 08:03:25 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 11:53:43PM -0600, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> There's an even easier solution. Put something unique in the message footer
> (and digest header), and then trap any message with that in it. It'll trap
> unedited messages since they'll include that material, while limiting the
> number of false positives. I've used that filtering technique for a while,
> and it's a nice compromise that catches most of the garbage but doesn't
> catch much stuff incorrectly.

This is what some people are using too, they made every message to be
delivered passed a regex to identify whether there is
--[space]
trailer
trailer

if there is any, and it matched with the trailer from that mailing list, then
the message will be rejected, because at least the sender forgot to "tidy" the
message ;)