[Mailman-Users] fails to check mailman installation

M. Mahjourian reza at schoolnet.ir
Tue Jul 17 16:05:48 CEST 2001

Dear Sir/Madam

I followed the instructions on mailman page to install mailman 2.0.5 .
Configure and make run properly, but I failed at the stage of checking the
installation.
My system is Red Hat 6.2 and I'm running Python 1.5.2
I've downloaded mailman-2.0.5.src.rpm and after applying the patch
I compiled it.

Here are my configure options:

./configure --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=nobody
--with-username=mailman --with-groupname=mailman

[eliminating the last 2 options had no effect]

after make install I went to /home/mailman and....

[root at sharif mailman]# bin/check_perms
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "bin/check_perms", line 50, in ?
    MAILMAN_GRPNAME = grp.getgrgid(MAILMAN_GID)[0]
TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

I shall be obliged if you help me on this.
Thank you in advance.

/*
Reza Mahjourian
Science and Arts Foundation