[Mailman-Users] Re: subscription confirmations (was Re: [Mailman-Users] [ANNOUNCE] Mailman 2.1 alpha 2)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Jul 17 02:47:24 CEST 2001

On 7/16/01 5:38 PM, "Gerald Oskoboiny" <gerald at impressive.net> wrote:

> Fetching a URL into my local http cache doesn't cause a virus to
> be executed or anything else bad to happen, and I wouldn't use
> software where that kind of thing would be possible anyway.

You're speaking both sides of the argument, Gerald, because this whole
discussion started with "don't do it this way, or you could cause me to
automatically be subscribed to a mailing list". Yet you're saying it's okay
to fetch it, because evidently if you fetch it, nothing bad will happen.

So is it a good thing or a bad thing? You seem to be claiming both at the
same time.

I recommend the handyman's secret weapon: duct tape.