[Mailman-Users] Read-only list and password requirement

Brian West briwire at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 18:13:36 CEST 2001

Can anyone help me on this(thanks in advance):

I'm planning to use mailman for a mailing list that already exists and
I have a few questions:

1. Password requirement: It appears that for my subscribers to use the
mailman system, they need a password. Is that a mandatory feature or is
there a way to turn that off. I will be manually adding all existing
subscribers to the list and want it to be transparent (no new welcome
message etc.) -- if they have to create a password, this obviously
won't work. I just don't want the password requirement to eliminate
subscribers that don't want to take the time to create one.

2. This is a monthly newsletter announcement list, not a discussion
list. Is there a way to make the list one-way? I saw that you can
change the reply address and require approval on all postings but these
seem like time intensive list management work-arounds. Any options?

Thanks much,

Brian West

=====
COORDINATES