[Mailman-Users] MHonArc

R.I.Pienaar rip at itouchlabs.com
Wed Jul 11 11:59:17 CEST 2001

hi,

This seems to be a much discussed topic by looking at the archives, but I seem
to have some problem that I couldnt find reference too in the archive.

I have configured mailman to use the external archiver thing like this:

PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  = '(/opt/MHonArc/bin/mhonarc -rcfile /opt/MHonArc/frames.mrc -add -idxfname date.html -outdir /opt/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s >> /tmp/out)'

and it works great, for a while.

I can send mail to the list, when its new and it ends up in my archives as
planned it looks right, using the frames.mrc etcetc.

Then it seems a perdiodic job runs and it generates the good old index file
that lists archives by date, simular to this page:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/

from then on, it reverts back to using pipermail it seems, as nothing gets put
in the /tmp/out file I create above each time that MHonArc gets ran and all
further mails gets placed in the standard pipermail archive format.

I have commented out the following in the crontab for the mailman user as the
comments suggest:

# At 3:27am every night, regenerate the gzip'd archive file.  Only
# turn this on if the internal archiver is used and
# GZIP_ARCHIVE_TXT_FILES is false in mm_cfg.py
#27 3 * * * /usr/local/bin/python -S /opt/mailman-2.0.5/cron/nightly_gzip

I thought this might be related to my problem, but it didnt seem to solve it.

I am using FreeBSD 4.2, python 1.5.2, mailman 2.0.5, MHonArc2.4.9 and exim 3.22

does anyone have any hints on this problem for me? sorry if this is in the
archives and I overlooked it.

thanks.

R.I.Pienaar - rip at devco.net

	"If we all work together, we can totally disrupt the system."

       Sent from: http://shell.devco.net/rip/?loc=-33.7999,18.4667