[Mailman-Users] Newbie - Bug in mailman 2.0.5

Geert Altena geert at arago.utwente.nl
Tue Jul 10 15:21:34 CEST 2001

Quoting Rocio Alfonso Pita, <rocio at universalsupport.com>:

>   I'd installed python-1.5.2-13 and mailman 2.0.5. I have zmailer and
> apache 1.3.14. I'd installed mailman while I read INSTALL.
>
>   My problem is: how I begin it?
>
>   I'd created entries in aliases with newlist and I write in netscape:
> http://my_url/mailman/admin because I think that is beginning. Answer is
> follow: "Bug in Mailman version 2.0.5. We're sorry, we hit a bug! Please
> inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
> traceback and other system information has been explicity inhibited, but
> the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs"

What are the files in /path/to/mailman/logs saying? According the error
message there should be info regarding the error in it.

Did you run 'newaliases' or the Zmailer equivalent ('zmailer newaliases'
IIRC)?

Did you run /path/to/mailman/bin/check_perms to see if all permissions
are okay?

(btw: what OS/distribution are you running? It looks like you've installed
Python from package and Mailman from source.)

Cheers,
\Geert.
--
Geert Altena | Geert at arago.utwente.nl | Coffee, black, no sugar
      Finger for PGPkey : Diffie-Hellman 2048/0xC540C550