[Mailman-Users] Admin utilities available via web?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jul 10 03:47:06 CEST 2001

    FA> Can we not log in and _create_ lists through the www
    FA> interface?

Mailman 2.1cvs supports both list creation and list removal
thru-the-web.  There is a new, site-wide role called a "list creator"
which has a password separate from the site administrator.  List
creators can create new lists via http://www.dom.ain/mailman/create

List owners can delete their lists, if the site administrator enables
this functionality.

Completely automatic list creation and removal is dependent on your
MTA.  Exim users are in the best situation since they can configure
Exim to automatically deliver to mailing lists.  Postfix users need to
do a little bit of set up, but from then on, Postfix will
automatically deliver to new lists.  Until I get contributions from
other MTA users, everything else requires a manual step, so while
lists can still be created thru-the-web, the list owner will get an
email containing Sendmail aliases style entries that must be installed
manually.

I expect to release 2.1 alpha 2 within the next day or so.  It will
have this -- and /many/ more! -- new features.

-Barry