[Mailman-Users] Administrative interface only: internal server error (fixed)

Rene Pijlman rpijlman at wanadoo.nl
Sun Jul 8 22:26:33 CEST 2001

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 14:42:17 +0200, you wrote:
>But as soon as I go to the administrative interface of my test list
>(http://lab.applinet.nl/mailman/admin/test) I get an "Internal Server
>Error", instead of the Administrative Authentication page.

I've done some debugging and narrowed it down to a call to
cPickle.loads() in Mailman/Cookie._debabelize() which didn't return
and didn't raise an exception.

Then I found various postings in c.l.python about crash type bugs
(unitialized things, heap corruption, core dump) in cPickle in the
Python 1.5.2 codeline.

So I upgraded to Python 2.1 and the problem went away. Lets hope
Mailman will work with 2.1...

Regards,
René Pijlman