[Mailman-Users] best MTA to use with mailman?

lee.bolding at ukonline.co.uk lee.bolding at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 18:13:30 CEST 2001

wanted your opinions on the best MTA to use with
mailman.

by "best" I mean fastest, issues of setting up
etc are not a problem.

At the moment I'm using sendmail that comes with
FreeBSD, although sendmail is robust it lacks
some features, and is actually quite slow.

I've used postfix before, its quick and has the
ability to use an LDAP directory for its aliases
DB - which makes creating lists so much easier,
especially via web.

Does anybody have any other MTAs to suggest? and
what are the reasons that these MTAs are "good"?