[Mailman-Users] Mailman / Qmail

Alex Hathaway nixx at hosting2000.com
Wed Jul 4 22:45:43 CEST 2001

Ok this is getting just a wee bit upsetting.

I have mailman 2.0.5, qmail 1.03, and vpopmail 4.9.10

qmail's preline for some reason dumps every time it's ran via the
.qmail-name file with the error
"deferral: preline:_fatal:_child_crashed/" and continues to run the queue
message. The rerunning doesn't bother me, but I was hoping maybe someone has
had the same problem?

I try posting the message normally by just catting a message to mailman via
the wrapper program, and that seems to work fine..

The line in my .qmail-name file is "|/var/qmail/bin/preline
/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post timy" (w/o Quotes)

I've heard some rumor about SIGPIPE causing a problem but no one seems to
have an answer on how to fix it. Eeep HELP! :)

-Lexx