[Mailman-Users] Unhappy config.db (was Relocating Mailman 1.1 lists)

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Jul 2 18:39:24 CEST 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 10:24:08PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 168, in main
>     FormatConfiguration(doc, lst, category, category_suffix)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 306, in FormatConfiguration
>     form.AddItem(FormatOptionsSection(category, lst))
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 361, in FormatOptionsSection
>     AddOptionsTableItem(big_table, item, category, lst)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 376, in AddOptionsTableItem
>     val = GetItemGuiValue(lst, kind, varname, params)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 463, in GetItemGuiValue
>     return TextBox(varname, getattr(lst, varname), params)
> AttributeError: num_spawns

I've played with it a bit more and determined that copying config.db is
what kills it.  So:

1)  Given that both the old install and the new install are the same
version of the Mailman package, why would a config.db that works fine
with one kill the other?

2)  How do I get my lists working on the new install without having to
manually recreate, set options for, and subscribe users to each list?

3)  Why does check_db claim that the config.db "is fine", but any attempt
to use the list dies with a complaint about num_spawns as soon as the new
config.db is put in place?