[Mailman-Users] admin cgi not working

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at magdalen.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 23:05:15 CET 2001

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 01:51:58PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:

> > [Wed Jan 31 13:38:57 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> > script headers: /home/mailman/cgi-bin/admin
>
> Since you say there aren't errors in mailman's log, I assume this
> is in the web server's log?  Aren't both Neomail and Mailman
> heavily assisted by the web server?  Are you *sure* Neomail didn't
> change something about the web server configuration, like maybe
> something to do with CGI scripts?

Yes, this is Apache's error_log

> > and then on subsequent loads the page just hangs, and no further errors
> > are generated.
>
> Doubtless because there's a lock file around from the CGI script
> exiting prematurely.

Indeed. Of course, now I try it 6 hours later, it appears to work. No
changes that I could see.

Gah. Black magic at work, I feel. I'll report back if I have further
problems.

Cheers,

--
Dominic Hargreaves | http://dom.magd.ox.ac.uk/
You can get my PGP key from my web site.