[Mailman-Users] HTML coding

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Jan 31 21:14:39 CET 2001

I haven't tried this myself yet, but I'm assuming that as long as every
tag continues to be present on the page it doesn't have to be actually
visible to visitors. You should be able to surround some of that info
with comment tags:

<!--  <MM-Editing-Options> -->

for example, should prevent that data from appearing.

Changing the content of those tags to something else would require
actually modifying the Mailman code, something that I'm not about to
attempt myself.

Van

Amy Dollison wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are currently using your mailman software at our company.  We would like
> to give a different look and feel to each client for how the email lists
> work.  I've discovered how to change the html code to some extent, but how
> do I change text in the already established text areas?  What I mean is, if
> we don't want to give the client the option of viewing other subscribers,
> how would I go about taking out that text and changing other text in the
> html code when all I can see in the html code is -
> <MM-Subscribe-Form-Start> <MM-Editing-Options>
>
> I look forward to your feedback.
> Thanks,
> Amy
>
> --
> amy dollison
> art director
> emji
>
> 888-258-8959 - x152
> www.emji.net

Sign up now for Twisted History, a decidedly skewed look at
the events that have brought us from the Neanderthal Age to
     the Network Era. Daily looks at the madness we've been
 through, birthdays of the famous and infamous, quotes from
    the giants of the ages.   http://www.twistedhistory.com
            mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_TM