[Mailman-Users] cookie (admin authorization) problem with MM 1.2 and IE 5.5

Chris Ryland cpr at emsoftware.com
Sat Jan 27 19:09:11 CET 2001

I'm having the strangest problem with the administration cookie and IE 5.5
on one particular Win2K machine on a newly-installed Mailman 1.2 setup.

I've got two mailing lists, and neither of their administrative cookies will
"stick" appropriately.

With Netscape 6 on the same machine, all's well. With IE 5.5 on another NT
4.0 machine, all's well. With Netscape 4.5 on a MacOS 9 Powerbook, all's
well.

I've tried scouring the disk for any bogus cookie, but no cookies show up
for mailman.

Other cookies (e.g., New York Times) seem to work fine in IE 5.5.

I checked the mailman-users archive and saw the messages re: similar
problems, but my URLs jive (clearly, or none of the browsers should work).

For a while I think I had MM misconfigured (mm_cfg.py) when using IE 5.5,
which might suggest a "stuck" broken cookie somewhere, but I sure can't find
any.

Any ideas appreciated.
--
Cheers!