[Mailman-Users] Re: 6 questions

Bek Oberin gossamer at tertius.net.au
Thu Jan 25 01:06:51 CET 2001

Menega Sabidussi wrote:
> 1. do i need root access to do such things as
> bugpatch the program (for instance not letting attachments through)
> and collect my archives  if and when i would like to change providers?

If the program's installed as root (which it usually is), then
yeah you do.

> 3. what must one do to enable "posting from the web"?

Not possible.

> 4. i've gathered that when moving my list to mailman i can
> mass-subscribe users. in what form and when in the procedure are they
> issued the random passwords i have seen mentioned here?

It's something you do from the command line, with root access,
and yes you get random passwords.

> 5. where is the password file stored?
> i would like to hitch it together with ftp access permissions.

Somewhere in a Python database file thingy.  I have no idea.
You'd need a python script to get them out.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer at tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/