[Mailman-Users] cookie feature request

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Thu Jan 18 21:12:51 CET 2001

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 12:37:41PM -0500, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I've been bitten again.
>
> I normally run junkbuster so cookies are turned off. Can mailman check
> for this situation and alert that cookies are not functioning instead of
> just asking again for the name/password with no indication of why?

Actually, better:
I'm not a cookie expert, but I think that some cookies are saved on disk and
other  cookies (session  cookies?)  are kept  in memory  and  lost when  the
browser is closed.

Junkbuster does let session cookies through apparently.
Would it be possible for mailman to issue a session cookie if the regular
cookie didn't go through?

Marc