[Mailman-Users] Recognize REPLY-TO as a subscribed user?

Van Sederburg vps at pobox.com
Thu Jan 18 21:39:25 CET 2001

It appears that Mailman looks only at the FROM address to determine whether the sender is a member of the list.

Is there any way to make it check the REPLY-TO address as well? Some of my subscribers send mail from various accounts, with a reply-to address that is a filtering account that redirects mail where they want it based on subject or sender or whatever.

If they subscribed to the list with their REPLY-TO address, they can never send mail to it successfully, because the FROM never matches it.

Any thoughts? I've scanned the FAQ's and such and don't see any mention of this.

Thanks for any help.

Van Sederburg