[Mailman-Users] How do I get the from address?

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sun Jan 14 04:03:48 CET 2001

At 10:31 -0800 1/13/01, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>> Which is broken, and yes, I'll let you read the RFC to find out
>> why.
>
>Or you can look at Mail::Address in the perl CPAN libraries, which does it
>properly, and which will give you an idea why this regex is way too
>simplistic -- and wrong.

Or one can look at Mastering Regular Expressions page 316 which contains,
in highly compressed micro type, a 6,598 byte (he says) regular expression
for matching email addresses.  (The previous several pages develop the RE.)
Jeffrey E. F. Friedl O'Reilly (of course)--I have the first edition,
January, 1997.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA