[Mailman-Users] Sendail alternative

M. Robert Martin rob at 2guyshosting.com
Mon Jan 8 22:28:34 CET 2001

I use Qmail as my primary server ("Secure, Reliable, Efficient: Pick
Three") and Mailman has performed very well with it. I recall from my
first installation of Qmail that, as part of the "official" installation
procedure, you pass through steps that would allow you to use Qmail as a
secondary server (i.e. Sendmail could stay.) I vaguely recall a
./configure argument giving a path to the MTA command, so you should be
able to build using qmail-inject as your preferred MTA, or
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail as a sendmail-compliant interface to Qmail. One of
the developers or really good users will probably be able to confirm the
existence of the ./configure argument -- I've only installed a dozen times
over the last 18 months, and rarely have had the kinds of problems that
lets you learn the "nuts and bolts" of an application like this.

Meanwhile, good luck!
Rob Martin