[Mailman-Users] Monthly passwords really broken

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Sat Jan 6 05:38:36 CET 2001

> I just noticed in perusing my mail log these facts:
>
> Over 1000 messages were sent from "test-admin at nleaudio.com"... Which is
> quite something, given that there are only two subscribers to this first
> "test" list.  Obviously many of the subscribers from other lists got an
> email from this address.

Sure, this might well be the well-known, much-discussed, and not-much-
we-can-do-about-it-right-now password reminder.

> Over 1000 messages were sent from "mailman-owner"@ my machine's FQDN, which
> also is rather bogus.

Why?

> I am running Mailman 2.0rc1, running about 15 lists under different virtual
> domains.  Has any of this been fixed in Mailman 2.0.1?

I don't see any problem description.  There's also no time period
mentioned.

> Is 2.0.1 available yet?

I saw the announcement on this list, and from sourceforge.