[Mailman-Users] Documentation for Mailman

Christopher VanOosterhout chris at torresen.com
Thu Jan 4 23:23:34 CET 2001

Greetings All,

I am currently completing an implementation of the Mailman program on our
servers.  I do not pretend to understand all the ins and outs of why it
works however it seems to work very well.

As I have been exploring around the program and watching this thread it
seems as if there are so many great features associated with this program
that are not documented.  Many of the issues I am talking about may seem
very elementary to more seasoned system administrators but they can become
a bit of a stumbling block for people like me.  Now I also understand that
any time you take on a project that you (I) do not fully understand there
is the opportunity for frustration ... but I have also learned that even
more so there is the opportunity to learn.

With that in mind, I am wondering if there is an organized effort toward
further documentation?  If so I would like to contribute.

I have some things that I have found (not a lot but more everyday) that I
think would have been easier if there was more extensive and organized
documentation.  I do not want to step on anybody's toes here ... however I
would like to start working on some additional documentation for the
program.  Who would be the best people to contact for this.

I look forward to "repaying" (at least in part) the people who have worked
so hard on the coding of this program.

Christopher

-
Christopher VanOosterhout