[Mailman-Users] authentification failure by python 2.0

John Read john.read at newnet-marketing.de
Wed Jan 3 19:42:10 CET 2001

Hello,

>>>I have just updated the python from 1.5.5 to v2.0, everything seemed
>>>ok, the tests ran ok. However now I cannot login into my lists
>>>anymore, I get authentification error. I have also configured, and
>>>"maked"  mailman again without anything changing. Nothing is logged
>>>in the /home/mailman/logs/....

>>>Can anybody give me a tip please....
I have now fixed the problem by restoring the site password with mmsitepass.
I still do not know what happened, as it was not possible to access anything
even after restoring the backup of the sub-directories!!

Just out of interest is there a password information stored somewhere else
other than "lists", "data", etc.

regards
--
John Read