[Mailman-Users] Can't log in as an administrator

Ian Clarke ian at octayne.com
Tue Jan 2 01:57:01 CET 2001

Hi, I have just installed MailMan 2.0 on my Redhat 7.0 i686 system.  I
have configured everything, and all seems to be working well, except
that whenever I try to log in to any of the administraton pages for any
of the lists I have created, it says "Authentication failed" despite the
fact that I am convinced that I am using the correct password.  Even the
site-admin password doesn't work.

The "error" log is empty, nor are there any other logs (either in the
mailman log directory - or in /var/log/messages) that seem to shed light
on the problem.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Ian Clarke.