[Mailman-Users] Why Have Admin Login On Subscriber List Info Page?

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Mon Jan 1 04:48:43 CET 2001

At 10:07 PM 12/31/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>says:
>
>      A-List Subscribers
>      The subscribers list is only available to the list
>      administrator.
>      Enter your admin address and password to visit the subscribers
>      list:
>
>      Admin address:  Password:
>
>My question:
>Why even offer access to it on the info page? The note in the first line
>is
>enough.   The admin enters through the admin page, and then has this
>option there.

I wondered the same things and just removed this option from the pages
for all my lists. It was quite easy, just comment out (or remove) the offending
code from the HTML.  On the HTML form for "General list information
page" page I changed this:

<MM-Roster-Option>

to this:

<!-- MM-Roster-Option -- DO NOT DISPLAY -->

reb