[Mailman-Users] admin interface hang

Jonathan Benson sysadmin at ocean.com.au
Tue Feb 27 06:02:50 CET 2001

Thank you!!

How did you track this problem?

I've found and removed the offending lines in my cookie file and can finally
admin lists again.  :)

This would seem to indicate a bug in mailman's handling of cookies though?!

In my case the offending cookies were for the domain ".com.au"   My mailman
server being at "lists.ocean.com.au".

I've attached the culprits if anyone can figure out why they crash the admin
interface and fix it in a new version so it no longer occurs that would be
great!   Hopefully they don't contain anything important.  :)

Regards

Jon

gaydos at raleigh.ibm.com wrote:

> Greetings.  Recently a number of folks have complained
> that the admin web interface hangs for one of their mailing
> lists, while the other admin interfaces for their other
> lists work fine.
> We just had a similar incident.  In our case the culprit
> turned out to be the netscape cookie file on the machine
> the list admin was using.  We renamed the cookie file
> and cleared the stale mailman locks and he could reliably
> use the admin interface.  As soon as we put the original
> cookie file back the hangs came back.
> The user is reluctant to send his cookie file to me for
> testing so I don't think I'll get any closer to the real
> culprit.
> I'm hoping that someone else having this issue might
> be able to fix their problem similarly, and possibly
> find the secret of the bad cookie.
>
> Thanks, Gary

Jonathan Benson
Systems Administrator