[Mailman-Users] what's wrong with my list?

Dan Mick dan.mick at west.sun.com
Tue Feb 20 20:21:29 CET 2001

David Herren wrote:

> "|/Local/Library/WebServer/mailman/mail/wrapper post webthugs"
>     (expanded from: <webthugs at io.champlain.edu>)

> Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 105, GOT gid 1.  (Reconfigure to take
> 1?)

It means precisely what it says.  The wrapper script was run as gid 1, but was
compiled to run as gid 105.  (Without knowing what you've put in your
/etc/groups file, it's hard to say what named groups those are).

The solution is also precisely in that message: reconfigure to take gid 1
(for the mail-gid at least).