[Mailman-Users] Mailman not delivering.

JTR Computers - Lists lists at jtr.net.au
Mon Feb 19 09:37:54 CET 2001

Hi All,

we have just installed Mailman, and I'm pretty sure we followed instructions to the letter.

The admin and list info functions work fine via the Web Interface.

However the software doesn't deliver any mail to anyone.

Exerpt from logs.

SMTP log

Feb 19 19:09:02 2001 (16657) All recipients refused: host not found
Feb 19 19:09:02 2001 (16657) smtp for 5 recips, completed in 0.144 seconds

SMTP-FAILURE log

Feb 19 19:10:05 2001 (16666) -1 user at domain.com (ignore)
Feb 19 19:10:05 2001 (16666) -1 another_user at domain2.com (ignore)

System is RH 6.2 running Sendmail which isn't reporting any errors in it's logs.

Some of the archives of this list seem to suggest it may be that we haven't setup the correct crontab entries, however crontab.in is listed for user mailman which I think is all we need.

Joseph