[Mailman-Users] Adding and removing *single* users from command line...

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Mon Feb 19 02:41:40 CET 2001

On Feb 18, 2001 at 13:45, Mike Cisar wrote:

>Is there a way to add or remove a single user from a list via the command
>line?  I've looked at the add_members and remove_members but they seem to
>require a textfile list of user(s) to add or remove from a list.  I'd just
>like to be able to add (or remove) one single user without an intermediary
>step of having to create a textfile containing their email address...  like
>"add_member listname email at address.com" "remove_member listname
>email at address.com"

>From the add_members command line help:

    -n <file>
        A file containing addresses of the members to be added, one
        address per line.  This list of people become non-digest
        members.  If <file> is `-', read addresses from stdin.

So you want something like:

echo "email at example.com"|  add_members -n - listname

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>