[Mailman-Users] Stupid Headers

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Fri Feb 16 19:07:47 CET 2001

Let me start this by saying that I am not a developer, I don't know
any of the developers, and I have no personal interest in this whole
thing.

I am sure that there are people on this list who's methods of personal
interaction are distasteful to some others on the list.  I think that
this has been used as a smokescreen to cloud the technical issues.

Just because someone "attacks" you personally does not mean that they
are wrong, but it does, however mean that you probably won't listen to
them.

> There are probably lots of people out there who would like to
> get rid of the stupid headers. But unlike Ed Lazor, they are not
> willing to take the crap you have been throwing at him.

I think that your first line there should have been "There are
probably lots of people out there who would like to get rid of the
usefull headers."

I don't think that a lot of people who are uninformed about the
techical issues involved wanting something obligates the developers to
code it up.

This was said previously, and I echo it here: If you really believe
that they are wrong, then you should fork.

> This is the worst group I have ever seen when it comes to
> responding to someone's reasonable request.

I think it is clear that the people who are being asked to code this
DON'T think it is a reasonable request.

Again feel free to modify your copy.  Or fork if you are so sure this
is the right thing to do.