[Mailman-Users] serious gid problem

Brian Cohen brian at acm.jhu.edu
Thu Feb 15 16:12:00 CET 2001

I had this problem too, and I found a solution.  Basically, I had to tell
my MTA (Postfix, in my case) to execute external programs as the same user
I specified with --with-mail-gid.  So for example, if you did
--with-mail-gid=mailman, then you need to somehow reconfigure Sendmail to
execute external programs as 'mailman'.  I have virtually no experience
with Sendmail (gave up on it long ago) so I don't know how, or whether,
this could be done.  In Postfix, I had to un-comment the 'default_privs'
option in main.cf and set it as 'default_privs = mailman'.

I know a lot of other people are having this problem too, so I hope this
helps a little.

-Brian