[Mailman-Users] email addresses

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Tue Feb 13 06:59:38 CET 2001

I had asked:

>When interacting with the mailman web interface and entering an email address (say when adding a new user, or entering an explicit reply-to address, am I limited to the actual email address (say jlundell at pobox.com), or can I use any RFC822-legal format, such as:
>
>	"Jonathan Lundell" jlundell at pobox.com
>	Jonathan Lundell <jlundell at pobox.com>
>	"Jonathan Lundell" <jlundell at pobox.com>
>
>It'd be convenient.
>
>If the latter, is there a mechanism for changing a user address for the purpose of adding the "real name"?

Never mind. I see that this is in the Mailman-3 wishlist. My specific suggestion would be to allow any RFC822 mailbox specification in place of a simple addr-spec.

By the way, and for what it's worth, the first of the three formats above, while commonly seen, does not appear to be legal per RFC822. At least I can't find a way to read the syntax as permitting it. So never mind that one, either.
--
/Jonathan Lundell.