[Mailman-Users] obscuring email addresses in archives

Morris Jones mojo at whiteoaks.com
Tue Feb 13 01:22:17 CET 2001

In Mailman 2.0.1:

I have a list with the "obscure_addresses" value set to 1, but I'm still
seeing live valid email addresses and mailto:'s in the list archives.

In looking through the HyperArch script, I see NO references to
obscure_addresses, but only to mm_cfg.ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS.

Is this a case of right/left hand failure to communicate?

(I'm trying to find how to set config parameters like that, too.  Do I add
a line to mm_cfg.py?  Is it automatically passed on to Defaults.py without
doing a make?  Is it then automatically compiled into the .pyc file?)

Mojo
--
Morris Jones         <*>
San Rafael, CA