[Mailman-Users] fund management[private & confidential]

Arthur J. Byrnes abyrnes at stetson.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:10:04 CET 2001

At 07:20 PM 2/11/01 -0800, jeff utarzi wrote:
>Attn: The President
>Dear sir,
>FUND MANAGEMENT / BUSINESS OFFER.  Blah, blah, blah spam removed

Ok, I started this earlier, and decided that I was just being a
whiner, but now, I'm not so sure.  This particular piece of spam
is not only annoying, it is false, illegal, and really old...

The spam to this list has become rather heavy, and I think it
may be time to restrict the posting to subscribers only.  As
someone said a few days ago, if a person doesn't want to
subscribe to the list, why should they get the help from those
of us who have taken the time to do so.

Part of what is supposed to happen on a list like this is that
you ask a question, and get an answer, and your contribution is
to answer a future question.

Yes, I know that spam is a fact of life, and yes, most of the
time it is easier to hit delete than to complain, but now that
we are getting 2-3 a day, I think that it is time to make a change...

Personally, I believe that people who post, "Please reply
directly to the list. I don't have time to read it."  Don't
deserve the free help that they get.  Asking for help should not
be a one way street...

-
Arthur J. Byrnes
Unix System Administrator