[Mailman-Users] Redhat 7.0 and Mailman

Travis Llewellyn travisll at comfedcu.org
Fri Feb 9 13:39:40 CET 2001

One thing that some of you running Redhat 7.0 may want to look at when
compiling Mailman is setting CC to kgcc instead of gcc. When I compile
mailman with gcc that is included with Redhat 7.0 it had quite a few errors.
When compiled with kgcc (Which is included with RH 7) no errors or warnings
were reported.

It really does not seem to make a difference with the running but I have not
done that much testing to see if it does infact make a difference. I do know
that you can not compile a fresh kernel with the gcc included with RH 7, you
have to use kgcc.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

Also if anyone has found out how to fix Mailman so that messages from
Outlook/Exchange can be archived and keep the threads please let me know.
Now when I post a message it acts like it can't thread them if the message
comes from Outlook/Exchange.

Thanks

Travis Llewellyn