[Mailman-Users] Wish: Change address.

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 16:29:45 CET 2001

dmelton at banzuke.com said:
> IMHO, the "change email address and retain settings" action is only
> one of a number of things someone might want to do.

As has been stated, it would be relatively easy to hack on a "change
email address to" box to the per-user mailman options set.

However when the victim has put their new address in, what happens then?
  - Does mail just get blindly sent to the new address which
    they hopefully typed in right
  - Are they effectively unsubscribed until they have received and
returned
    a confirmation message?
  - Howabout if its a moderator approved subscription process?

In all of these cases the user can lose mail unexpectedly... where as
an explicit unsub/sub (in whatever order you wish - I sub, check its OK
then unsub old) has very specific known behaviour.

	Nigel.

	Nigel.