[Mailman-Users] Mailman as helpdesk tool

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Wed Feb 7 03:19:14 CET 2001

I would like to point out while GAP is "source available" and
therefore might be reasonably called "open source"  it is NOT "Open
Source" (as defined at http://www.opensource.org/osd.html) and is most
certainly not Free Software.

I write this not out of some sort of license zealotry, but this is,
after all, the mailing list for the GNU mailing list manager.  I
imagine may of us are sensitive to licensing.  I certainly don't mean
to imply that the GAP folks "aren't worthy" (it is they who say this
about commercial enterprises,) only for clarity.

Andrew, it would be clearer in the future to avoid the term "open
source" and rather call GAP "source available."

Get my PGP key at http://www.hutnick.com/pgp