[Mailman-Users] Message-id?

Karsten Thygesen karthy at SunSITE.dk
Tue Feb 6 10:09:10 CET 2001

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher P Lindsey <lindsey at mallorn.com> writes:

 Christopher> If qmail doesn't add a Message-Id: header it's not
 Christopher> reasonable to expect Mailman to insert one either.
 Christopher> However, RFC 822 specifically states that a Message-Id:
 Christopher> header is *optional*, so Mailman isn't violating
 Christopher> anything by not adding one.

Uhh... I was pretty sure, that Message-Id was mandatory, but now that
I have read the RFC (again), I can see you are right...

Well - I rest my case :-) and I will inform the rejecting mailhosts
postmaster.

Thanks for the info,
Karsten