[Mailman-Users] Message-id?

Karsten Thygesen karthy at SunSITE.dk
Tue Feb 6 08:36:48 CET 2001

Hi

When people subscribe, using the web, and mailman sendt the mail with
the secret to prove your identity, it sends it without any Message-Id
line. I process mails using SMTP to my local qmail installation (so
SMTP to localhost) and qmail does not add any Message-Id either.

The result is, that the mail is delivered to the target users mailhost
without any Message-Id line at all, and some mailsystem is configured
to performs header check and will reject such mails.

So - is this a bug in Mailman or Qmail?

Karsten